"'''We're Almost There'" is a 1975 song released as a single by singer Michael Jackson, and which was the first release off his final Motown album, Forever, Michael''. The single showcased Jackson's tenor more prominently than in previous releases the past year. The song is a soul-type of ballad that sparked a departure from the singer's previous material which had included bubblegum pop. As Jackson's voice matured, Motown found it difficult to find material to suit Jackson, who had sung in a higher voice for most of the duration of his Motown (1969-1975) tenure. With the return of the Holland brothers Brian and Edward, Motown had the duo write a collection of songs to fit Jackson's age. The duo composed this song and the modest hit, "Just a Little Bit of You", which became a top forty hit after this single was released. Performing more modestly, the song eventually peaked at number fifty-four on the pop chart while hitting number seven on the R&B chart. These two singles would end up being the last Jackson released as an active Motown artist though the label would release more Jackson singles until 1984. The song was later sampled on the 2010 hip-hop release "Our Dreams" on the Wu-Massacre album.
- Category: 1975 singles
- Category: Michael Jackson songs
- Category: Motown singles
- Category: Song recordings produced by Brian Holland
- Category: Song recordings produced by Edward Holland, Jr.
- Category: Songs written by Brian Holland
- Category: Songs written by Edward Holland, Jr.
- album: Forever, Michael
- genre: Soul music
- musicalArtist: Michael Jackson
- musicalBand: Michael Jackson
- performer: Michael Jackson
- previousWork: Happy (Michael Jackson song)
- producer: Brian Holland
- record label: Motown
- recordLabel: Motown
- releaseDate: 19750217
- subsequentWork: Just a Little Bit of You
- writer: Brian Holland
- writer: Eddie Holland