"The Days of Sand and Shovels" is a song written by Doyle Marsh and George Reneau, and recorded by American country music artist Waylon Jennings. It was released in April 1969 as the second single from his album The Best of Waylon Jennings. The song peaked at number 20 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. It also reached number 1 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada.
"The Days of Sand and Shovels" was also released as a single in 1969 by Bobby Vinton. Vinton's version peaked at number 34 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Nat Stuckey released a cover of the song in 1978. His version peaked at number 26 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.
- Category: 1969 singles
- Category: 1978 singles
- Category: Bobby Vinton songs
- Category: Nat Stuckey songs
- Category: RCA Records singles
- Category: RPM Country Tracks number-one singles
- Category: Waylon Jennings songs
- album: The Best of Waylon Jennings
- genre: Country music
- musicalArtist: Waylon Jennings
- musicalBand: Waylon Jennings
- performer: Waylon Jennings
- record label: RCA Records
- recordLabel: RCA Records
- subsequentWork: Brown Eyed Handsome Man