"Just Breathe" is a song by the American rock band Pearl Jam. "Just Breathe" was released on October 31, 2009 as the second single from the band's ninth studio album, Backspacer (2009).[http://www.last.fm/music/Pearl+Jam/Got%2BSome%2B%252F%2BJust%2BBreathe Got Some / Just Breathe - Pearl Jam - Listen and discover music at Last.fm] The single was released as a double A-side along with the song "Got Some". The song was triggered by a chord from "Tuolumne", an instrumental from Eddie Vedder's soundtrack for the 2007 film Into the Wild. It peaked at number five on the Billboard Rock Charts and number six on the Billboard Alternative Charts, which makes it the band's highest-charting follow-up single since "Wishlist" in 1998.
On January 22, 2014, "Just Breathe" was certified platinum in digital sales by the RIAA. It is the band's first platinum-certified song.
The song has been featured in several TV shows and movies including Castle, One Tree Hill, Brothers & Sisters, Life as We Know It, The Blacklist and the documentary Buck.
- Category: 2009 singles
- Category: Folk rock songs
- Category: Monkeywrench Records singles
- Category: Pearl Jam songs
- Category: Rock ballads
- Category: Song recordings produced by Brendan O'Brien
- Category: Songs about death
- Category: Songs written by Eddie Vedder
- album: Backspacer
- genre: Folk rock
- musicalArtist: Pearl Jam
- musicalBand: Pearl Jam
- performer: Pearl Jam
- previousWork: The Fixer (song)
- producer: Brendan O'Brien (record producer)
- releaseDate: 20091031
- subsequentWork: Amongst the Waves
- writer: Eddie Vedder