"Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)" is a song written by Cindy Walker which was first recorded and released by Roy Orbison as a single in 1962. It was a big international hit for Orbison, where it reached number 2 in both the Australian and the U.K. singles charts and number 4 in the U.S. Billboard. It was also a top ten hit in Canada and Norway.
It has been covered many times, including by American country music artist Glen Campbell who released it in March 1971 as the lead single from his album The Last Time I Saw Her. The song peaked at number 7 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. It also reached number 4 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada. It was covered by Jerry Lee Lewis in 1967 and also by Waylon Jennings.
A 1983 cover by American country music artist Lacy J. Dalton peaked at number 9 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.
- Category: 1962 singles
- Category: 1971 singles
- Category: 1983 singles
- Category: Capitol Records singles
- Category: Glen Campbell songs
- Category: Lacy J. Dalton songs
- Category: Monument Records singles
- Category: Roy Orbison songs
- Category: Songs written by Cindy Walker
- album: The Last Time I Saw Her
- genre: Country music
- musicalArtist: Glen Campbell
- musicalBand: Glen Campbell
- performer: Glen Campbell
- previousWork: It's Only Make Believe
- producer: Al De Lory
- record label: Capitol Records
- recordLabel: Capitol Records
- releaseDate: 19710301
- subsequentWork: The Last Time I Saw Her (song)
- writer: Cindy Walker