"Queen of the Night" is a song co-written and performed by American pop/R&B singer Whitney Houston. It was the fifth and final single released from her multi-platinum soundtrack The Bodyguard, and it is played during the closing credits of the film.
"Queen of the Night" is an uptempo pop rock/dance number, with Houston expressing how she "rules the club scene", proclaiming herself "queen of the night". It was not released as a single in America, but it received such substantial radio play that it rose to number 36 on the Hot 100 Airplay. However, because of Billboard magazine rules at the time (which have since been modified), a song with no commercial single available could not chart on the main Billboard Hot 100. The song reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, becoming Houston's fifth number 1 dance single. It was released in several other countries, peaking at number 14 in the UK.
The music video for "Queen of the Night" is the full performance Houston gives in the motion picture The Bodyguard. In the film, the performance is interrupted by violence.
In live performances by Houston, the song's arrangement was faithful to the 1993 CJ Mackintosh remix, which was used during Houston's 1993-94 The Bodyguard World Tour and also for her performance at the 1994 Soul Train Music Awards.
- Category: 1993 singles
- Category: Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs number-one singles
- Category: Song recordings produced by Babyface (musician)
- Category: Songs written by Babyface (musician)
- Category: Songs written by Daryl Simmons
- Category: Songs written by L.A. Reid
- Category: Whitney Houston songs
- album: The Bodyguard: Original Soundtrack Album
- genre: Contemporary R&B
- genre: Dance music
- genre: New jack swing
- genre: Pop music
- genre: Pop rock
- musicalArtist: Whitney Houston
- musicalBand: Whitney Houston
- performer: Whitney Houston
- previousWork: Run to You (Whitney Houston song)
- record label: Arista Records
- recordLabel: Arista Records
- releaseDate: 19931013
- subsequentWork: Something in Common
- writer: Michael Jackson
- writer: Whitney Houston