Elvis is an upcoming biographical musical drama movie about Elvis Presley directed by Baz Luhrmann, from a screenplay written by Luhrmann, Sam Bromell, Craig Pearce, and Jeremy Doner, with a narrative by Luhrmann and Doner. It stars Austin Butler and Tom Hanks, with Helen Thomson, Richard Roxburgh, Olivia DeJonge, Luke Bracey, Natasha Bassett, David Wenham, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Xavier Samuel, and Kodi Smit-McPhee in supporting roles.
Elvis is scheduled to be launched in america on June 24, 2022, by Warner Bros. Footage.
The movie chronicles the life and profession of singer and actor Elvis Presley, the “King of Rock and Roll”, from his early days as a toddler to changing into a rock and film star.
- Austin Butler as Elvis Presley
- Tom Hanks as Colonel Tom Parker
- Helen Thomson as Gladys Presley, Elvis’s mom
- Richard Roxburgh as Vernon Presley, Elvis’s father
- Olivia DeJonge as Priscilla Presley
- Luke Bracey as Jerry Schilling
- Natasha Bassett as Dixie Locke
- David Wenham as Hank Snow
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. as B.B. King
- Xavier Samuel as Scotty Moore
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Jimmie Rodgers Snow
- Dacre Montgomery as Steve Binder
- Yola Quartey as Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- Alton Mason as Little Richard
- Gary Clark Jr. as Arthur Crudup
- Shonka Dukureh as Willie Mae Large Mama Thornton
- Leon Ford as Tom Diskin, a spokesman for Col. Tom Parker
- Kate Mulvany as Marion Keisker
- David Gannon as Charlie Hodge
- Adam Dunn as Invoice Black
- Alex Radu as George Klein
- Gareth Davies as Bones Howe
- Charles Grounds as Elvis’ cousin Billy Smith
- Josh McConville as Sam Phillips
- Chaydon Jay as younger Elvis Presley
The venture was first introduced in April 2014, when Baz Luhrmann entered negotiations to direct the movie, with Kelly Marcel writing the script.
No additional growth on the movie was introduced till March 2019, when Tom Hanks was solid within the function of Colonel Tom Parker. Luhrmann was set as director, and in addition changed Marcel as screenwriter with Sam Bromell and Craig Pearce. In July, the frontrunners for the function of Presley had been Ansel Elgort, Miles Teller, Austin Butler, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Harry Kinds, with Butler profitable the function later that month. In October, Olivia DeJonge was solid to play Priscilla Presley. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Rufus Sewell had been solid as Gladys and Vernon Presley in February 2020, with Yola solid as Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
Principal images started on January 28, 2020 in Australia. On March 12, 2020, manufacturing was halted when Hanks and his spouse Rita Wilson examined constructive for COVID-19 through the pandemic. Filming resumed on September 23. In September 2020, Luke Bracey, Richard Roxburgh, Helen Thomson, Dacre Montgomery, Natasha Bassett, Xavier Samuel, Leon Ford, Kate Mulvany, Gareth Davies, Charles Grounds, Josh McConville, and Adam Dunn joined the solid of the movie. Roxburgh and Thomson changed Sewell and Gyllenhaal, respectively, who needed to drop out on account of scheduling conflicts brought on by the capturing delay. Kelvin Harrison Jr. was introduced to be portraying B.B. King in December. In January 2021, it was reported that Alton Mason could be portraying Little Richard within the movie.
Elvis is scheduled to be launched by Warner Bros. Footage in america on June 24, 2022. It was beforehand scheduled to be launched on October 1, 2021, earlier than being delayed to November 5, 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and later to June 3, 2022. The movie was not listed as a part of the December 2020 announcement by Warner Bros. Footage to debut its complete 2021 slate concurrently in film theaters and on HBO Max, earlier than the movie was formally pushed to 2022. It will likely be streamed on HBO Max 45 days after its theatrical launch.
- Official web site
- Elvis at IMDb
- Elvis at AllMovie